Sunday, October 21, 2012

If I Fits, I Sits

"If I fits, I sits" is a popular title and topic for many cat images, blog posts, and videos. This is because every cat seems to have the need to hide themselves into any container they find. It doesn't matter the size of the box, bag, lid, or any other open object--if they can fit, they will sit.


Finnegan's favorite places to hide and "sits" in are boxes, backpacks, and the laundry hamper (even when it is filled with dirty or clean clothes).


According to Knowyourmeme.com, "If I fits, I sits" comes from the United States Postal Service's slogan, "If it fits, it ships."

There have been derivative images called "If not for sits . . ." that show cats sitting on objects where they are not wanted as they ask why they are not supposed to sit there. Finnegan's best "if not for sits" moments are when he is lounging on a printer or a laptop.

"If not for sits . . . then why is it made of warms?"

If Finny fits, Finny sits!


~RL

No comments: