Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween!

Moose hat.
Today is Halloween, a holiday most widely celebrated by dressing up in costumes and giving out (or collecting up) lots of candy. How better to celebrate the day than by a post about Finnegan dressing up?

My earlier post on October 20th, Finny Flair, also featured images showing Finnegan in different outfits and told about the trend of "breading," a new, edible cat-clothing fad. Today's post, however, will take a different approach to cat costumes.

Sammie's Santa Costume.

Nearly every costume site now features outfits specifically made for pets. Some of the more popular halloween costume sites include Halloween Express, Party City, and Spirit Halloween. Even retailers not known for costumes will break out the pet-wear during this season. Examples of these sites include Petsmart, Target, and Toys R Us.

When I go shopping for Finnegan a new outfit, I usually have to look at the dog costumes, although Finny is clearly a feline. The reason for this is the fact that Finny weighs fourteen pounds and is over three feet long when he lays stretched out. For other cats that are considerably larger than the typical house cat, small and medium dog costumes will work very well.


This halloween, include every member of the household in the festivities. Some pets actually enjoy getting dressed up (especially if it's cold outside). Just remember to keep candy, especially chocolate, out of pets' reach. It can make them very sick if they eat it.

~RL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although my dog does have a Facebook, I haven't seen many cats on the radar- way to go! I think your blog is very quirky and interesting; although I have to ask, how did you get your cat in costumes? I could never get my cat to do that. I would have never heard of "edible cat clothing," either. Very interesting, I feel like I'm going to learn a lot from your blog.