Thursday, November 1, 2012

Green with Envy

On June 23, 2012, I got married.


While my husband, Haydon, and I were still dating, he and Finny had a good relationship. Finnegan would climb up onto Haydon's lap and purr contentedly, happily enjoying the attention and treats he recieved. However, this all changed the day his new "father" came home to permanently live with us.


It was during this time that I learned that my precious Finnegan had a jealous streak. Whenever I was spending time with my husband, Finny would demand my attention as well, usually by jumping up onto my lap or yowling until I left what I was doing and paid attention to him. I had heard of cats becoming jealous upon the arrival of a new baby or another cat, but over a husband?

As you might remember from my first post, Meet Finnegan, Finny is a Flame-point Siamese cat. FPS cats have a very distinct personality, which includes a strong desire for attention and socialization. This explains why Finny became so jealous when I was paying more attention to my husband than to him.

Eventually, after months of forced interaction, Finny and Haydon eventually made nice--just like Finny and Samwise eventually did.


~RL